What you don’t know can hurt you…..
Whether you have a new home, an older property or are looking to buy purchase, understanding indoor air quality is important. A Home Air Check Professional indoor air quality survey uses state of the art technology to measure and report on the air in the home. The system measures levels of hundreds of organic chemicals and actively growing mold all in one test. The report identifies issues that could be detrimental to your health or that could cost you thousands of dollars to remediate if left undetected.
What An Indoor Air Quality Survey Does
- Provides a Composite Look at Home Indoor Air Quality
- An Inexpensive Overview of Home Indoor Air Quality That Allows You to Assess Whether More In-Depth Testing Is Required
- Measures Hundreds of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and Hidden Active Mold Growth – All with a Single Test
- Identifies Air Pollutants That Could Make You and Your Family Sick
- Helps Answer “What’s in the air?”
- Identifies Solvents Associated with Former Meth Labs
- Identifies Sulfur Compounds Found in Contaminated Drywall (Chinese Drywall)
- Formaldehyde Test Also Available (additional charge applies)
How We Do It
It all starts with a call. We can schedule an appointment in parallel with your Walker Property Evaluation Services property inspection or a stand-a-lone visit. The sampling process is simple and non-invasive. The technology uses a state of the art Gas Mass Spectrometer, similar to what is seen on TV programs like CSItm and NCIStm.
- On-site, the air sample is collected using a calibrated air pump system
- Most homes up to 2,000 square feet require 1 air sample, larger or multi-story homes may require multiple samples
- The Survey air sample collection takes about 2-3 hours
- The sample tube is sent to Prism Analytical Technologies for analysis using Thermal Desorption with a Gas Mass Spectrometer
- The results are analized using a proprietary analysis program and then reviewed by a technician
- The analysis report is generated and identifies probable sources for each chemical group
- Your results are emailed back, generally in 2 to 3 business days from the receipt of the sample
Why Walker Property Evaluation Services and Prism Analytical Technologies?
Names You Can Trust:
Performed Around 5,000 Property Inspections, CREIA Master Inspector, CREIA Inspector Fellow, ASHI ACI, Published Over 30 Articles, ASHI 2014 Monahan Award Recipient, ASHI 2014 Presidents Award, CREIA John Daly Award Recipient, CREIA Inspector of the Year, 2011, Named One of the 40 Most Influential Inspectors in California Over the Last 40 Years by CREIA , Featured on CBS Channel 5, SF Chronicle, CBS Miami, Columbus Dispatch and others.
Prism Analytical Technologies:
A Leader In Indoor Air Quality Testing For Over 20 Years, Serves Many Fortune 1000 Clients, Proprietary Technology Brings Makes Sophisticated Analysis Affordable For the First Time
Providing The Information Needed to Improve Indoor Air Quality
Walker Property Evaluation Services, a Home Air Check Certified Professional, provides you with the only composite home indoor air quality assessment available today. The test measures hundreds of chemicals in the air called Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and actively growing mold all with a single air sample. It not only reports on the total levels of VOCs and mold (MVOCs) present in the home, but it also identifies the potential sources of air pollutants (e.g., paint, adhesives, flooring, cabinets, heating fuel, dead animals and hundreds of other products and materials that emit gases into the air). This gives you actionable information on the steps necessary to improve your indoor air quality.
Should your test results indicate excessive VOC levels and you want to know specifically what chemicals are present, a more detailed analysis can be requested (additional charge applies) that gives a complete breakdown of the top 10 chemical compounds in the air. All with no need to take another air sample. A trained chemist will be available to you to assist with interpretation of the analysis results.